GameCovered (We, Us) is committed to safeguarding your privacy. The following policy applies to the gamecovered.com website, but may be supplemented by additional privacy statements, terms or notices that will be shared publicly. GameCovered, as identified therein, is the primary controller of your personal information provided to, or collected by or for the Service.
Who We Are and What We Do
GameCovered is a website dedicated to gaming, with a particular focus on game guides, walkthroughs, tips, and tricks. Our mission is to make gaming accessible to everyone. Find out more about our vision and team from our About Page.
Data We Collect
For the sake of transparency, we want our users to know exactly how their information is collected and used on gamecovered.com We collect information about you in four ways:
- (1) First-party cookies & browsing data through automated technologies. When you browse our site, cookies, which are essentially small files that act as markers to identify you, are installed on your browser. These cookies do not collect personally identifiable information, but record your browsing habits to help us provide a more streamlined experience.
- (2) Third-party cookies from our partners. These cookies are used for everything related to behavioral advertising and ad targeting. By using tags, advertisers can track users across different domains, thus creating profiles based on their habits. This allows them to create advertising messages that are catered to a user’s interest, without using personally identifiable information.
- (3) Security cookies. These types of cookies are transmitted through HTTPS and are incompatible with scripting languages. A security cookie is used to store information and perform hypertext transfer protocol requests over the internet. Scripting hackers cannot exploit them.
- (4) PII from your input through our web forms, badge scanners, app forms and other mechanisms,
GameCovered uses a custom plugin that will inform users of the type of cookies that we use. Users can use the cookie consent options in the plugin to control the information they are comfortable sharing with us. Users can also customize the cookies we use from the advanced settings. After consenting to the cookie form, it will no longer be visible for the next visit, because our cookies will remember the user’s preferences.
Data You Provide To Us
The types of personal information that we collect directly from you depends on how you interact with gamecovered.com, and may include:
- PII (personal identifying information), such as your name, email address, postal address, social media handle and phone number (obtained only with your explicit consent and solely for the purpose outlined in the agreement).
- Comments, feedback and other information you provide to us, including information that you send via email or contact form, and other information that you wish us to share with our exhibitors, visitors, partners and others.
- Interests and communication preferences.
Data From Other Sources
We also may obtain personal information about you from our group companies and from other third parties, including:
- Service providers that help us determine a location based on your IP address in order to customize certain products to your location;
- Partners with which we offer co-branded services or engage in joint marketing activities; and/or
- Publicly-available sources and data suppliers from which we obtain data to validate or supplement the information we hold.
Data From Service Use
Our Service may automatically collect information about how you and your device interact with gamecovered.com, including:
- Computer, device and connection information, such as IP address, browser type and version, operating system, platform and other software installed on your device, unique device identifier and other technical identifiers, error reports and performance data;
- Usage data, such as the features you used, the settings you selected, your URL clickstream data, including date and time stamp and referring and exit pages, and the pages you visited on the Service.
How We Use Your Information
Depending on how you interact with gamecovered.com, we use your personal information to:
- Provide personalized content that is relevant to your interests,
- Provide, activate and manage your access to and use of the Service;
- Process and fulfill a request, or download,
- Provide technical, product and other support to help keep the Service working, safe and secure;
- Enhance and improve the Service and our other products and services and to develop new products, services and benefits;
- Offer you customized content and other personalization to make the Service more relevant to your interests and geography;
- Respond to your requests, inquiries, comments and concerns;
- Notify you about changes, updates and other announcements related to the Service;
- Deliver targeted advertisements, promotional messages, notices and other information related to the Service and your interests;
- Provide you with promotional messages and other information about products, events and services of ours, our affiliates and third parties, such as exhibitors, sponsors and media partners;
- Invite you to participate in user testing and surveys as well as sweepstakes, competitions and similar promotions;
- Identify usage trends and develop data analysis, including for purposes of research, audit, reporting and other business operations, including determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and evaluating our business performance; and/or
- Comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
Sharing of Your Information
We share your personal information with our affiliates, sponsors, media parties, and other third parties, including entities for which we are acting as an agent, licensee or manager, that wish to send you information about their products and services that may be of interest to you.
Our service may let you post and share personal information, comments, materials and other content. Any such contributions you disclose publicly may be collected and used by others, may be indexed by search engines, and might not be able to be removed. Please be careful when disclosing personal information in these public areas.
We will disclose your personal information if we have a good faith belief that such disclosure is necessary to:
- meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process or other legal obligation;
- detect, investigate and help prevent security, fraud or technical issues; and/or
- protect the rights, property or safety of Reed Exhibitions, our users, employees or others;
and as part of a corporate transaction, such as a transfer of assets or an acquisition by or merger with another company.
Your Communications Preferences
You can customize and manage your communication preferences and other settings when you register with the Service, by updating your account features and preferences, by using the ‘opt-out’ or unsubscribe mechanism or other means provided within the communications that you receive, or by contacting us. We reserve the right to notify you of changes or updates to the Service whenever necessary.
You may have the right under European and certain other privacy and data protection laws, as applicable, to request free of charge:
- access to and correction or deletion of your personal information;
- restriction of our processing of your personal information, or to object to our processing; and
- portability of your personal information.
If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please contact us through the contact address provided below. We will respond to your request consistent with applicable laws. To protect your privacy and security, we may require you to verify your identity.
We retain your personal information for as long as necessary to provide the Service and fulfill the transactions you have requested, or for other essential purposes such as complying with our legal obligations, maintaining business and financial records, resolving disputes, maintaining security, detecting and preventing fraud and abuse, and enforcing our agreements.
Game covered holds the intellectual property rights on all materials posted on this website, whether in written, audio or video format. All opinion pieces, articles, listicles and reviews belong to GameCovered. You shall not copy, reproduce, repurpose or modify the website’s content without our written consent.
We do not knowingly collect information from children under the age of 13 or target the Service to children under 13.
We take precautions to safeguard your personal information against loss, theft and misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction through the use of appropriate technical and organizational measures.
Grounds for Processing
When we collect from you any personal information within the scope of European data protection laws, we do so:
- where necessary to provide the Service, fulfill a transaction or otherwise perform a contract with you or at your request prior to entering into a contract;
- where necessary for our compliance with applicable law or other legal obligation;
- where applicable, with your consent; and/or
- as necessary to operate our business, protect the security of our systems, customers and users, detect or prevent fraud, enable our customers to comply with legal obligations, or fulfill our other legitimate interests, as described above.
Where we rely on your consent to process personal information, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time, and where we rely on legitimate interests, you may have the right to object to our processing.